In this episode, we have a powerful conversation with Lee Holden, a world-renowned teacher of Qi Gong, Meditation and Holistic Health Care Practices and the owner of a successful holistic health center in Santa Cruz, California. As an acupuncturist and Doctor of Chinese Medicine, Lee has figured out how to translate Eastern medicine for our modern Western lives.
Lee has been a Public Television favorite since 2006. His programs have aired on 105 stations, reaching 50 million households. Lee’s latest show, Less Stress and More Energy, is currently airing around the country.
Lee created “Healthy Movement, Healthy Mind” and “Beyond the Scale” for the Weight Watchers organization in 2016 and 2017. These programs were acclaimed as the best pilot programs the company has ever run. Lee has also worked as a consultant for companies like Google, Apple, 3 Com, University of California, and a few major motion pictures with Happy Gilmore Productions.
Currently, Lee is producing a documentary called “Superhuman”, a film exploring the human potential. Lee is also assistant producer and starring in the docu-series “Quantum Qi”, coming out in 2019. You can find out more about Lee and his work at, https://www.holdenqigong.com/
Also, for listeners of the Defeating Depression Podcast, Lee is offering a FREE 5-day Qi Gong challenge. The challenge only takes 7 minutes per day, and you can sign up for it here.
They also offer a more in-depth program that follows on from the five-day challenge and it’s for thirty days, which you can register for by clicking right here.
Finally, there are a few courses and resources that Lee offers that are specific to anxiety and depression. Here is the link to the Anxiety Relief course, and here is the link to the Depression Workshop.
Here are just a few of the topics Dallas and Lee cover in this episode:
– The basics of Qi Gong and the power of managing your personal energy.
– Reactive western medicine versus proactive energy management.
– Creating simple, daily practices to increase your energy and activate your body through techniques like Qi Gong and Tai Chi.
– Steps you can take to elevate your energy toward an upward spiral if you find yourself in a downward spiral of anxiety or depression.
– The different ways that depression and anxiety can reside in your body (lung energy, heart energy, etc.)
– The power of present moment awareness and remaining free of self judgment.
– Which is more effective for mindfulness? Silent meditation or body-activated practices such as Tai Chi / Qi Gong?
– Practicing and living in the state of flow.
– The different cycles of life energy and how to manage and even increase that flow through conscious breath and movement.
For more information and resources, go to DallasAmsden.com, or for more episodes, please visit, DefeatingDepressionPodcast.com.
Also, be sure to subscribe to every episode or to stay informed with all the latest updates, click here.
Hosted by: Dallas Amsden
Produced by: LineupMedia.fm
*For those in crisis: if you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at: 1-800-273-8255 or https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
* If you need someone to talk to, 7Cups connects you to caring listeners for free emotional support. 7Cups is the world’s largest mental health system with 340,000 volunteers offering free anonymous, on-demand support via chat messaging.
* Or, if you are a loved one is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder – PTSD – please contact the National Center for PTSD today at: https://www.ptsd.va.gov
*These are not paid endorsements. Dallas Amsden, the Defeating Depression Podcast, nor LineupMedia.fm are compensated in exchange for providing these resources to you.The information provided in this podcast is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding depression, anxiety disorder, or any other mental health or medical condition.